White House Internship Applicant Checklist
Application Deadline for the Summer 2017 Internship Program: March 31, 2017, 11:59PM (EST)
We appreciate your interest in the White House Internship Program. The application requirements include several different components, but you will not be able to save your progress and return to complete your application at a later date. Therefore, we recommend that all applicants compile their content prior to opening the application process. Please see below for an outline of the application requirements. If you have any questions as you work through the application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact information and Social Media accounts
- Short answer responses (of no more than 1,000 characters) to the following questions:
- Why do you want to work for the Trump Administration?
- If you could ask the White House Chief of Staff one question, what would it be?
- What are your expectations for professional growth as a result of participating in the White House Internship Program?
- What is one challenge you have faced in your education so far, and what did you learn from that experience?
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
- What community service projects do you regularly volunteer for or participate in?
- What extracurricular activities do you participate in?
- Plans to receive outside funding during the internship. Outside funding could be any one of the following: wages from employment, payment for consulting, scholarships, donations, financial aid, or any other source of financial support while participating in this internship.
- If you will be receiving outside funding, following details are required:
- The amount of income you propose to receive
- The source of the assistance
- Any other relevant information regarding the funding, including links to related sites
- Note: The details of your funding will be reviewed by White House Counsel
- Plans to receive academic credit
- Must be 18 years or older by the internship start date, May 30, 2017
- Education and Military Service history
- Selection of your Preferred Departments
- Language Proficiency
- An essay response to the following question:
- In no more than 400 words, please write a professional policy memorandum for a senior staffer in a department where you would like to intern. The memorandum should address a topic that you are particularly passionate or knowledgeable about.
- Your Resume
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- We encourage you to find individuals who can illustrate your qualifications, character, and commitment to public service.
- Recommendation letters should not exceed one page in length and must be saved in .pdf format.
- Recommendation letters should be addressed to "White House Internship Reviewing Committee."